Badly maintained heaters kill

Home/News/Badly maintained heaters kill

Carbon Monoxide poisoning comes from any gas heater. It kills 2 Victorians every year! You can’t see it & you can’t smell it.

Energy Safe Victoria demands You Test your gas heaters every 2 years. Our equipment is the best you can buy. We test and service our teasing units every winter so that you have piece of mind knowing we got it right and you’re safe.

We supply and install carbon monoxide alarms, DON’T RISK it get one install today.

Take action to protect your family!$15 off first carbon monoxide test. quote webpage.

A test should be done every 2 years.

Symptoms you may have from a badly maintained gas heater.

  • Tiredness
  • Shortness of breath
  • Mild or severe headaches
  • Nausea and vomiting
  • Weakness and sleepiness.

On average, one Victorian a year dies from carbon monoxide poisoning and many more suffer chronic, debilitating effects of Carbon Monoxide. In 2010 Vanessa and Scott Robinson lost their two sons, aged six and eight, to carbon monoxide poisoning caused by a faulty gas wall heater in their rented home.

Landlord and agent responsibilities

The Residential Tenancies Act 1997 requires landlords and their agents to ensure that rented accommodation is maintained in “good repair”. This includes all gas and electrical appliances provided by the landlord, which must be safe to use and properly maintained. For further information see ESV’s Landlords and Tenants: Your Responsibilities guide

Get your heater checked for Carbon Monoxide.

Carbon Monoxide is a silent killer – you can’t smell it, taste it or see it…

The State Minister for energy and resources in Victoria recently stated at Parliament House that

“…all Victorians should ensure that their gas appliances are regularly checked and serviced at least every two years by a qualified gas fitter.”

Video from energy safe Victoria about the death of two boys from carbon monoxide poising.

By | 2017-08-07T04:57:41+00:00 October 16th, 2016|News|0 Comments